In the Philippines, the best way to change your life and your future is to get the best possible education you can get.
While getting a university degree is not as expensive in the Philippines compared to other countries, the cost is still considered prohibitive especially in a country where the minimum wage is still below PHP 500 in 2015.
For bright young students dreaming of a good college education, take advantage of existing scholarship programs issued by the government and the Private sector.
One of the organizations that continued to support the Filipino youth when it comes to achieving more in life is the Aboitiz Group. As one of the country’s leading business organizations, Aboitiz gives back to the country through various socio-civic undertakings.
One of these programs aim to help qualified college students continue and complete their studies through the Aboitiz College Scholarship Program (ACSP), which aims to support and inspire students to value, appreciate, and make the most of their education.
ACSP provides students with financial assistance to cover tuition (100%) and miscellaneous expenses, book requirements, and transportation needs.
Students will also be guaranteed:
- On-The-Job Training (OJT) in the Aboitiz Group
- Participation in the Aboitiz Future Leaders Business Summit (AFLBS)
- Participation in the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation, Inc.’s Kool Adventure Camp
To qualify for the ACSP, the applicant must:
- Be a full-time 1st to 4th year incoming student of an eligible college or university.
- Be pursuing a degree in Accountancy, Business/Management, Information Technology, Psychology, Engineering, or Pre-Law.
- Have a final average grade/cumulative overall GPA (Grade Point Average) not lower than 85% or its equivalent;
- Not have a failing or incomplete grade;
- Not have a record of any form of disciplinary action; and,
- Must have fully completed and submitted all application requirements on time.
“Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV) believes that a good education is the powerful foundation exceptional leadership is built on. We are therefore supportive of programs such as the ACSP that champion academic excellence and shape tomorrow’s leaders,” Txabi Aboitiz, AEV Chief Human Resources Officer, said. At present, ACSP is supporting the education of 44 college students nationwide.
ACSP is part of the Aboitiz Group’s Future Talents Program, which also includes the Aboitiz OJT Program, AFLBS, and Aboitiz Speaker’s Box Lecture Series, as well as business unit initiatives such as AboitizPower’s Power 101 series, AboitizPower Distribution’s Cadetship Program, UnionBank’s Management Trainee Program (LEAD), and Pilmico’s Junior Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science Congress
For more information regarding ACSP application requirements, screening, and selection timetable, please email email@example.com, visit careers.aboitiz.com, or follow AboitizCareers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.