I used to go a lot to Sunday Stealing, and “steal” a lot of their amazing memes which I post in return here at KamikazeeGirl. After a few months hiatus, I am back to the wonder site which supplied me a lot of good material for post, courtesy of the profound “stolen questions”. Here’s my first Sunday Stealing for 2012.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I decided to go all the way and color my hair blond. Not the safe dark brown or bluish black, but BLOND then commit to it, which means maintaining its yellow color religiously.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I stopped making new year’s resolutions a long time ago cos I never got to follow them anyway. But I decided to go and make one this year. I figured that if 2012 is really the year we’ll all bite the dust, I might as well go doing something good.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
None yet so far. Though I wish that if someone were to give birth, it’ll be me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
None. Let’s keep it that way. I hate this question.
5. What countries did you visit?
In 2011: Singapore. Again.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A very fat bank account and a baby bump, whichever comes first.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 03, 2011 – my first day in my former company. It was the start of 4 months of pure agony.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being head-hunted by my current company and getting my current job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The inability to bear a child and miserable state of my personal finance.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
My laptop, Momo cos it has become my sounding board.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The long suffering hubby
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
Slimy persons of authority
13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
“Rolling in the Deep” (by Adelle). 2011 was the year when you couldn’t go anywhere and not hear the wicked guitar plucking, followed by the guttural yet haunting “There’s a fire…”
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Japanese language lessons
Beefing up the financial portfolio
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Splurge on clothes, shoes (brogues! oxfords!) and bags (satchels)
16. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Nope. Been keeping the fire and the feeling alive since 2001.
Though I feel in love and rediscovered my passion for graphic novels and comics in 2011.
17. What was your favorite new TV program?
THE WALKING DEAD. I wrote about it here!
18. What was the best book you read?
The Catcher in the Rye, On the Road
In 2011: Norwegian Wood
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Recognition and a great compensation
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Dress not for others, but for yourself
21. What kept you sane?
The Hubby, without his support I would have gone bonkers.
22. Who did you miss?
My favorite uncle who died Christmas day five year ago.
23. Who was the best new person you met?
The question calls for the best person I’ve met in 2011. I’ve met a lot of amazing people, but I can’t say that there’s one who is the “best”. So, none.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011?
No one can make you feel inferior but your self
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I suggest that we learn to love ourselves before it’s made illegal”