This blog is inspired by one of my kind readers, GravureLover (loved your name!) who ended up here at Kamikazee Universe over a wrong link. As usual, I am indebted to Sunday Stealing for constantly providing writing material — I will forever be one of your avid thieves 🙂
Anyway, here’s my fourth meme — dedicated to the creative thieves inhabiting the wonderful site, Sunday Stealing:
Sunday Stealing: The Baker’s Meme
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. If you could interview anyone on your blog (alive or dead) who would you chose and why?
Oh, this is a very hard question. Hmmmmn — for once, I am lost for words. It’s a toss between three people. Firs, John Lennon. I am one of the biggest Beatles fans there is, and I am forever in awe of the genius behind the Lennon-McCartney songwriting team. I wanted to ask him a lot of things: about Beatles, about the so-called rift between him and Paul — and oh, why is he so in love with Yoko Ono. I want to ask him about his views about dying when the time when he has a young son and he is yet to explore his full potential as a musician.
Second, would be JD Salinger. I wanted to ask him why–for a very good and brilliant writer–he chose to live the rest of his days as a recluse. I’d like to shoot the breeze with him about Holden Caulfield and the Glass family. I’d like to ask him about being a writer and his views of literature.
Lastly, I’d say Brandon Boyd — I wanna talk to him about music, art and literature. On where he thinks Incubus is going. Get his assurance prolly that the band will NEVER break up. Ask him about his art and his writings. And lastly, bum a tattoo design from him.
2. What do you feel is your strength as a blogger?
Hmmmmnn. One, I think I have a lot to learn and I think to be more cohesive with my thoughts, and improve on my writing (in terms of grammar and voice consistency). With that in mind, I think my strength lies in my (so-called) ability to write about nothing and make it sound like it is something…
3. Can you share a little bit about yourself that you have not already mentioned on your blog?
I am the biggest crybaby there is in the planet. I love vanilla and I have a thing for Japanese fashion. I am very driven and very idealistic, sometimes to a fault. And oh, I have hair that has a mind of its own.
4. If you were forced to change the name of your blog, what would you change it to? Why? KamikazeeGirl: It’s Complicated. Wow! Such a corny title. I hope I don’t get to change names cos it would take me twenty years. This blog will have to go nameless if that will happen. Maybe you could call this blog: “The Blog that Must be Named”
5. What do you think is the most fulfilling part of being a blogger?
Bar none–“meeting” people online and reading amazing writing which would otherwise be impossible without the world wide web
6. What would you do with your last day if you found you had only one more day to live? I have a bucket list! Read about it here. Some notables though: Spend a birthday backpacking my way across Asia, Renew my marriage vows at Disneyland, Climb Mt. Fuji and Have a kid named after me
7. You’ve been doing medical research for decades and have finally found a cure. What was it that you found a cure for and why did you choose this particular ailment? Cancer. I know people who lost love ones to this disease.
8. What is your most guilty pleasure?
Trawling the internet looking for shit about random people.
9. Answer only one. What is your favorite book, movie or TV show?
Book — “The Catcher in the Rye”
10. What do you think is the very best smell in the world? The one smell that can take you back to a time and place of a very vivid memory in your past?
I can’t think of just one. Polo Sport which is the perfume of my Hubby when we started dating…and of course, vanilla which reminds me of home