It’s been ages since I last answered something like this.
Currently at work has just finished fixing a major f@ck-up so while trying to calm down a bit (following an episode where my heart did a thousand beats for minute in anticipation of me getting fired for work due to the slip-up, I wasted precious company time and went trawling in the internet).
Anyway, came across this and thought, I might as well answer and amuse myself. 🙂
1. What’s your middle name?
Unfortunately, my generation of Filipino kids rarely have middle names (if you mean the name, other than your mom’s maiden surname) — we go by singular names, Melanie, Frances, Joan, Ronald, Thomas, etc — but I wish I had a middle name. Something cute, or sophisticated or unique and goes well with my first name (which is *ehem* Melanie)…like Sophia, or Alex (I think Alex is a cute name for a girl) or Yohann.
2. What’s your favorite magazine?
CanCam, Nonno, Nylon (Japan and US) and Zipper…oh, and if I want to see NAKED pretty boys, AnAn (especially, their “Sex Manual” issue. tips be damned, I wanna see naked Johnnys!)
For local (PH) magazines — Preview, Real Living and Good Housekeeping (which caters to the young housewife in me)
3. What are you wearing right now?
White Victorian-style blouse (from Bayo), black high-waisted skirt (from Divisoria), sensible black slingbacks and a thrifted military style jacket.
4. What color are your bed sheets?
Brown with prints
5. Who was your third grade teacher?
I can’t remember.
6. What is the weather like right now?
Annoyingly hot outside, Siberia-ish inside the kaisha…
7. Do you know how to ski?
8. What was the last thing you drank?
A five peso coffee from the office pantry. I love this local brand called Kopiko Brown Coffee which is so delish
9. Dream vacation?
Tokyo, Japan of course — with a possibility of staying there for like–FOREVER?
10. Favorite article of clothing?
This newly-bought Marks & Spencer long sleeved blouse, which the Hubby picked for me; and this military styled jacket I currently have on right now (never fails to elicit praises–and it cost me just $2!)
11. Do you prefer baking or cooking?
cooking. cos we do not have an oven at home
12. Is your hair above or below your shoulders?
Below and has a mind of its own!
13. What drink do you order when out?
vodka and iced tea
14. What book are you reading?
Still at page 2 of Jack Kerouac’s On The Road (re-read for the nth time!!!)
15. What did you dream about last night?
Something work related. Not a dream, more like a nightmare!
16. What was the last movie you went to?
Vampires Sucks. Just for the hell of it!
17. Any injuries at the moment?
None physically. But I am emotionally and mentally effed up as we speak!
18. What color is your bathroom?
Cream, with blue accents
19. What’s the state of your laundry right now?
Pathetic. Just did the laundry last week and now I have another pile the size of Everest waiting for me come weekend. And oh, another small pile for my new thrift shops acquisitions!
20. Do you take vitamins?
Does lollipops count? Oh, a Vitamin C and Fibre tab here and there…
21. Where do you love to shop?
Marks & Spencer, Bench, People Are People, Landmark…and thrift shops!!!
22. How often do you buy groceries?
Depends on the state of my wallet and the state of my tummy
23. Do you have a pet/pets?
Sayuri – a black brat of a cat
Kane – our scrawny tom cat
Niro – (not mine technically) fat cat
Yumi – my sister’s cat who hates getting dirty…she hates going out and she hates dirts and germs
… and finally,
Wonbin-shi! – the dog with 9 lives!
24. If you are married, when is your next anniversary?
A month and 12 days from now
25. How do you take your coffee and/or tea?
Hot. with sugar, no milk!
26. Mac or PC? Desktop or Laptop?
27. Favorite month of the year?
Summer…May, cos it’s my birth month!
28. Do you have a hobby?
blogging, looking at purrrrty boys, wasting time on the net, shopping, thrifting!
29. What salad dressing do you prefer?
Blue cheese and Ceasar’!
30. Did you walk or take a bus to school?
Walked to my elementary, rode tricycles to my secondary and commuted to Uni!
31. Do you have any phobias?
I am not afraid of snakes. I am not afraid of snakes. I am not…. (sees a tiny, itsy garden snake) DROPS DEAD…
32. What’s your favorite snack food?
Vegetarian chicharon and gummy bears
33. When do you take your shower/bath?
Every morning, then if I feel icky, before going to bed at night
34. What time did you get up this morning?
830. on the dot. everyday — except when it’s Sunday, then I sleep till I can’t take the mid day heat.
35. What’s your favorite animal?
cats and dogs
36. Have you ever broken a bone?
None yet. Thank God!
37. Do you wear makeup?
Yes. I’ve started to wear make up like as if I was a Japanese OL.
38. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Studied Japanese since I was about 23. I still suck until now.
39. Have you ever played a sport?
Does competitive TV watching and professional existing count?
40. Your last UPS package contained …
Brand Boyd’s book – “Fluffy White Clouds”
41. What’s on your desktop?
My desktop is empty. I hate a cluttered desk stop and oh, a nice illustration from a Japanese lady artist called Zain7 filched from the net as my wallpaper
42. What is your home page?
43. Extrovert or introvert?
A mix of both
44. Favorite board game?
45. What class did you like best in high school? In college?
In HS – English Literature and World History
In Uni – Creative Writing, Public Relations and Journalism Ethics
46. What would you do with an extra hour each day?
Breathe and relax.
47. Do you have allergies?
48. Are your nails painted?
49. Where are you right now?
at the office. passing time.