I’ve been toying with the idea of making my own bucket list after I have read a touching story of a woman stricken with cancer who’ve decided to finish each wish listed on her bucket list. She never got to finish everything, but she did manage to make an impact to people around her.
I always thought that I had a good life–yeah, it can be a bummer most of the times especially when I am inundated with career, financial and health worries. I tend to be melodramatic and passive at the same time, and it depresses the hell out of me when things don’t happen when they should be. At 31, I believe that I have yet to reach my potential, never mind that I am already at mid-life but my slight (!) immaturity has made me believe that I have yet to get what should be rightfully mine.
While doing my bucket list, I keep thinking that it sounded more like a wish list than a list of things that I will do before I crossed on to the Great Beyond. Reading it over and over last night, it sounded like it was written by 3 different persons, each with their distinct likes and dislikes. It was like I was writing a bucket list for 3 persons, instead of one–which is myself. Haha.
Anyway, here are (SOME of the) things that I will do before I die:
1. Have my picture taken at the foot of Fuji-san
2. Witness my kids fall in love for the first time
3. Bungee jump from the top of the Macau Tower
4. Get a tattoo
5. Have a short story published –> I realized I’ve done this already. When I was 21 or 22 years old, I joined a short story writing contest in a local publication and won the humorous category. The story was about my (then) cat, Spark. I should have written that I dream of joining the Palanca.
6. Make amends
7. Spend a birthday backpacking my way across Asia
8. Renew my marriage vows at Hong Kong Disneyland
9. Take a bath (barefooted) in the rain
10. Fall asleep under the cherry blossom trees
11. Make my parents proud
12. Have my picture taken at Abbey Road
13. Read and finish all the greatest books ever written (DONE: 1984, Catcher in the Rye, On the Road/ ON THE READING LIST: Unbearable Lightness of Being, Around the World in 80 Days, etc)
14. Have a kid named after me
15. Write the story of my life
16. Shave my head and look effing good BALD.
17. Hike my way across the Great Wall of China
18. Lose weight and have a BANGIN’ BOD — then celebrate it by doing ANY of these things: a) pose for FHM b) do a Kate Winslet (paint me wearing this…wearing only this) HAHAHAHA!
19. Treat my dad and mom to HK Disneyland
20. Have a charity intended for abused or neglected elderly
21. Appear on TV (oh, wait…I crossed this out cos I’ve done this already 5 years ago)
22. See the sun set (and rise) on top of a mountain
23. Scream my name on top of the highest building on the world
24. Make my mark and be remembered for it
25. Fall in love with same person over and over again
This is just 25 of the 60 or so things I’ve scrawled over Momo.
The next step is cross ’em off one by one.